Meetings are held three times a year, with the membership consisting of at least one representative from each of the participating agencies.
A commitment of one year and regular attendance is encouraged. If a member has to miss more than two meetings, the Chair or Co-chair reaches out to re-establish attendance or request an alternate.
Whenever possible, abuse survivors are invited into membership.
For a list of participating agencies and their contact information, see Service Agencies.
Structure of the Committee
A Chairperson and Co-chair are responsible for leading the Committee. Their term of duty is two years. The Chairs are responsible for sharing the following duties:
- Leading the meeting: The Chairperson leads, with the Co-chair substituting in her/his absence.
- Setting the meeting date/time/place.
- Changing or canceling the meeting when necessary.
- Allowing appropriate time for the discussion of each item on the agenda.
- Ensuring that the Protocol is reviewed bi-annually.
The DART Coordinator is responsible for the following duties:
- Developing a standing agenda
- Asking for agenda additions prior to the meeting
- Confirming attendance at the meeting
- Establishing a system to take and distribute minutes.
- Maintaining a contact list of current members and their representatives.
- Updating the Protocol.
Accountability and Decision-Making
Each member of the DART Committee is accountable for her/his agency’s responsibilities, as authorized (signed) within the DART Protocol and as limited by its current policy and practice.
As issues may arise that are beyond the Protocol’s current scope, the discussion to find resolution is characterized by flexibility and problem-solving. Decision-making is usually by consensus. In the event of a disagreement, the outcome is determined by a majority vote. However, in the final analysis, each member has autonomy regarding her/his agency’s mandate, policies and procedures.
Revision of the DART Protocol
To update the ever-changing programs, agreements and responsibilities among agencies of the Committee, the Chair and Co-chair are responsible for implementing a bi-annual revision of the Protocol, preferably on the opposite year that the Chairpersons change.